Shop Our Looks: Me: Plaid Ruffle Shoulder Dress / Paige: Flutter Sleeve Sweater Dress / Nancy: Ruffle Top and Tulip Skirt / Tricia: Red Ruffle Dress / Cocktail Napkins / Naughty and Nice Coasters / Cheers Wine Tote / Gift Tags / Indigo Vine Platter, Cake Stand, Mugs and Indigo Basket Weave Dessert Plates
I am thrilled to partner with Draper James today as a guest on the Love, Reese blog to bring you inspiration for a Holiday Tea and two new recipes. I love to entertain and any reason to get together with friends. A Holiday Tea is fun to host with friends or as a Mother-Daughter tradition.
Draper James has a darling new holiday collection that coordinates beautifully with their Indigo Vine pattern or mixes with your own entertaining pieces. The red, green, navy and gold color palette easily compliments any style.
The Draper James Holiday collection features party perfect details as well as items to make your gift giving perfect. The darling red and navy gingham cocktail napkin with gold foil tree is a pretty accent to your holiday table or bar. The coasters that say Naughty or Nice are so fun, too!
My two favorite tips for easy entertaining are making items ahead of time and having a signature beverage ready for guests. This allows you to be ready and relaxed so that you can enjoy time with friends and family. My Hot Apple Cider these two new recipes allow for just that.
My Pomegranate Classic Chicken Salad is not only delicious but perfectly dressed for the holidays. The red of the pomegranate seeds and green onion make it truly festive. A printable the recipe card is below.
One of our favorite things to make for the holidays is cookies. My family has long been a fan of a simple but decadent coconut macaroons. They made are extra special for the holidays dipped in milk chocolate and sprinkled with crushed peppermint. My girls love to make these. It is an easy Christmas cookie and perfect for a cookie exchange also. You can also print the recipe card for this below.
Also, there is no harm in having items catered or picking them up at your favorite cafe. One of my favorite local caterers is Savor Culinary Services. They rounded out my tea menu. The main goal is to spend time with those you love.
And of course Draper James can have you party perfect for every event this season. My classic red plaid ruffle shoulder dress also comes in a beautiful indigo that you can see Reece in on the website now. Tricia’s red ruffle dress is the perfect Christmas red. Paige’s black flutter sleeve sweater dress is a true classic perfect for any occasion. Nancy’s beautiful crepe ruffle sleeve blouse would also be great with skinny black jeans. Her skirt with layered ruffle detail with satin piping is perfection.
You can shop all the details of this Holiday Tea in the boutique below.
Also, if you’re not subscribed to my newsletter you definitely miss great information! Each Saturday this month, I’m sending out tips and inspiration to make your holiday season brighter. Be sure to subscribe here so you don’t miss any other fabulous information coming your way!
SHOP THE POST
- 14 oz sweetened shredded coconut
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 extra large egg whites at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 oz melting milk chocolate
- Crushed Peppermint sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed with an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until you have medium-firm peaks.
- Gently fold egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Drop the batter onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper with either a 1¾-inch diameter cookie or ice cream scoop, or 2 teaspoons.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- While macaroons are cooling, melt 10oz of melting milk chocolate.
- Dip ½ of the macaroon in the chocolate and place on waxed paper.
- Immediately sprinkle with crushed peppermint.
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breasts, cut into 1⁄2″ cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup whipped cream
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ c pomegranate arils (seeds)
- 4 chopped green onions
- 1 loaf of bread
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon chicken salad on to precut bread.
- Top with pomegranate arils and chopped green onion.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Thank you for Draper James for partnering on this post and for having me as a guest on the Love, Reese blog. All selections and opinions are my own.
Photos by Mary Hafner
Pin this post for future reference!