Most things are better with friends. Whether it’s work or play, having a friend to hang out with just makes it more fun. I started this blog at the encouragement of Tanya, my dear friend for too many years to count. It is her daughter’s wedding that inspired Wednesday’s post.
Being able to collaborate with her and also brainstorm with her is a lot of fun. We always attend the rewardStyle Conference together and shot these photos right before the opening party. Her personality is bright and fun like the sunshine yellow of her dress. We always have a great time together.
Her are 5 friendship facts about us you may not know. She is like the big sister I never had. Be sure to visit Tanya today to learn more!
- I first “met” Tanya when I tried out for Maverick’s Dancer the first year they were founded by Tanya! I didn’t make the final cut, however, and we got a good laugh once we put it all together!
- We became friends as volunteers at the Junior League of Dallas and I remember what she wore at the first committee meeting. She’s always had great style!
- Tanya chaired the JLD Ball and I did also a few years later at her encouragement. She also encouraged me to start blogging. She is a great supporter of her friends and their endeavors.
- Tanya’s husband, Pete, and mine are good friends. We have to stop them from talking when it’s time to leave a party!
- Tanya is a Disney expert and helped me plan our first trip with the girls years ago. She’s a wealth of knowledge on a lot of topics. You must subscribe to TanyaFoster.com so you are “in the know as she is on the go!” (Her cute tagline!)
As I’ve talked about several times before, I’m trying to incorporate more color and print into my wardrobe. When I saw this gorgeous striped knit dress, I knew it was for me. I love a little sparkle and the rose gold metallic stripes sealed the deal. Maybe the white trim and fun tassels helped, too.
This dress is perfect for all the upcoming cocktail parties that will begin to fill our calendars as summer approaches. I’m already thinking of two places I’ll be wearing it…and maybe concocting a party of my own if I can find a reason! I’m thinking maybe just “summer!”
I added these rose gold woven platform sandals and summery cork clutch to complete the look. As you know, I love a great nude shoe and decided to splurge on these with some birthday money as I know I will wear them a lot. The website says they run small but they actually run large. I usually wear a 5/12 and ended up with a size 5.
I may just be wearing this to celebrate Cinco de Mayo and the Kentucky Derby tomorrow. If you are hosting friends or just hanging at home, be sure to try the La Valoma I posted yesterday and/or my Blackberry Mint Julep while you watch the Derby!
PS – Be sure to leave your thoughts and comments on every blog post and subscribe to the newsletter so you can win one of three
SHOP THE POST
Photos by Audrie Dollins