This “recipe” is nothing ground breaking but it’s what I’m obsessed with right now. It’s fresh and spicy. Just like I like my margaritas! Hmmmm….
I’m not really sure how I came up with this but it’s inspired by one of my BFFs and her love of red pepper flakes. She carries them in her purse! This salad is what I order at my favorite local lunch spot. I call it “a Ceasar the way I like it.” The sweet gentleman who runs the place just smiles and types it in because if it’s not soup that I order, it’s this salad. I do make a lot of different salads at home though!
I’ve made it a lot recently at home for my family and added grilled chicken or edamame for protein. I’m so ready for the change of seasons and do really get inspired by the fresh produce each season. I was cooking through this cookbook in the winter and can’t wait to start the Spring recipes.
I’ll be making it tonight for my family as I’m headed to dinner with some other blogger friends who are in town for the rewardStyle Conference. More about that tomorrow!
- 2 heads romaine lettuce hearts
- Shredded Parmesan
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 lemon
- Good Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash and chop the lettuce in bite sized pieces.
- Place on your favorite platter.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the platter.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the platter.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes generously over the top.
- Then layer Parmesan cheese.
- Add Edamame and/or Grilled or Rotisserie Chicken if desired.
Photos by Mary Hafner