Happy New Year! I hope you had a fun and safe NYE with family and friends whether you stayed in or were ringing it in out on the town. We had a low key night with friends and Tex-Mex. Yesterday, we spent the day next to the fire drinking lots of hot chocolate!
As you probably remember, I don’t make New Year’s Resolutions but rather use this as a time to reset my priorities.
Here are the things I’ll be focusing on for 2018:
- Do A Bible Study on My Own – We do a couples study on Sunday night but I want to dig in myself more. I’m thinking about Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer first and reading New Morning Mercies daily.
- Schedule Exercise on My Calendar – It’s always the first thing to slide! I’ve been hearing a lot about the BBG workout. Have you done this? I downloaded the Sweat app and am going to give it a try for the free week. Honestly, a 28 minute workout that will give results is what I want. I don’t love working out so longer than that isn’t going to happen unless it’s a pilates class which I want to get back to as well. But even if it is hoping on the treadmill and turning on the news, I’m going to move every day because I’m scheduling it on my calendar.
- Cook More and with Seasonal Ingredients and Develop More Recipes for the Blog
- I know this may seem funny for someone who has more than 110 recipes published on this website but the past year has been extremely busy and I need to refocus my energy here. I’m going to cook through Cooking in Season this year and also work on developing recipes to share with you! My favorite salad is coming soon as well as our Traditional Homemade Soup.
- Drink More Water – In addition to drinking this collagen drink I’m obsessed with, I am trying to drink as much water as possible. At least 64 oz. I do notice that my skin looks much better and who doesn’t want that easy fix!
- Work Less/Smarter – Schedule my time better and study productivity! I get distracted too often by email or what is coming at me instead of begin focused on what I’m working on whether it’s the blog or writing a grant for a volunteer project.
- Lunch with Friends – I do this several time a week and will continue. It’s my favorite thing!
- Weekly Date Night – We are 50-50 successful with this but are making a renewed effort to do this! We need to synch our hearts and our calendars on a regular basis! A friend wrote this book that we are going to go through together and have these conversations on some of our dates.
- Quarterly Travel with Hubby – We’ve been so busy with the girls’ activities and work our goal of traveling together has really slid by the wayside! We actually have a trip I can’t wait to share with you later this month and another in February. So this is off to a really great start!
- Schedule individual time with each of my girls – It is too easy to go about the tasks of “mothering” and not enjoy time just being together listening to their thoughts and what’s on their hearts.
I’d love to know what your New Year goals are and also you’d like to see on The Lush List for 2018! Do you want to see more Style posts around a certain price point? The Favorites Under $150 are always favorites! More Recipes? More Travel ideas and itineraries? More Clean Beauty brands and products? I have several great Home Design/Remodel projects planned. Let me know in the comments section below (or you might have to click Comments at the top of the post) or drop me an email. I love hearing from you!
SHOP THE POST
Be sure to sign up for the Newsletter so you don’t miss the great post coming soon!