I’m so excited because as of today all of my girls are finally on Christmas break! Two got out last Friday! We are headed to our middle daughter’s Christmas Chapel which has marked the beginning of Christmas for me for six years. A bit bittersweet as this will be our last one as she is our last at this amazing school.
With Christmas only three days away, time to get into the kitchen! As much as I love the beautiful Christmas cookies with royal icing, I just can’t bring myself to even attempt them. One of my best friends has mastered the technique but her description is just too intimidating – even for me! Baking at Christmas doesn’t have to be complicated. Make these easy Cranberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies and just enjoy being together in the kitchen. This recipe is great with my Peppermint White Hot Chocolate!
I’m signing off today until after Christmas to be with my family. I’m thankful for you all and wish you and your families the Merriest Christmas. I hope you’ll subscribe to my newsletter if you have not already so you get the info on after Christmas Sales and great posts I have planned for the New Year.
- ½ c salted butter, room temp
- ½ c granulated sugar
- ½c light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ c Cup4Cup ( you can use regular all purpose flour too)
- 1½ c old fashioned oats
- 1½ c dried cranberries
- 1½ c white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Next, add baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Scrape the bowl to make sure ingredients are evenly combined.
- Scoop dough with medium cookie scoop or small ice cream scoop on to parchment paper about 3 inches apart.
- Make for 10-12 minutes.
PS – The winner of the 12 Days of Christmas Ornaments is Gini F. Look for an email from me!
Photos by Audrie Dollins