How did it get to be July!?!? The best thing about this is that it is just 1 week from today the BEST sales of the year begins…the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. And to be sure you are ready, I’m sharing 5 Tips for Shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale like a Pro with you today.
What makes it one of the very best sales of the year? For a limited time, Nordstrom offers brand-new styles at seriously discounted prices. All the things you need for fall and the holidays for your whole family are discounted up to 70% off! This is THE TIME to stock up for back to school.
Why I love the NSale:
I take stock of what everyone in my family needs for fall and get them during the sale. If you are going to buy a new coat or boots, why not get them on sale?!?! It is also a great time to stock up on beauty tools that almost never go on sale. Think ahead to holidays, too. How nice to have Christmas finished in July! Wonder if I can actually do that this year??
Items in the sale are not announced but you can get an idea with their great catalog here.
5 Tips to Shop the #NSale like a Pro:
1. Get Early Access: Early Access for Nordstrom Cardholders is Thursday, July 13- Thursday, July 20.
- Early Access is the best reason to have a Nordstrom Card. You get access to the sale before the general public. Right now there is an extra incentive to get a Nordstrom Card. Apply and get approved by July 9and receive $20 in Nordstrom Rewards to spend during the sale.
- You can join Nordstrom Rewards without applying for a credit card and they’ll give you a $10 Note to spend at Anniversary Sale—you’ll receive your $10 Note before the sale begins. It’s fast and easy: you can join right here.
- General Public access one week later Friday, July 21 and runs until Sunday, August 6. Prices go up on the same items August 8.
- Early Access seems to always have the Best Merchandise, although they do add great things along the way.
2. Make a List of What You Want/Need Now: My Personal list for the NSale: Shopping the fall trends early of course! All things Velvet and Satin, Ruffle Details, Bomber Jacket, Fall Handbag (or two!), Winter White, Army Green, Cool Sneakers, Updated Denim, Beauty items and Cashmere. Family Items: Men’s shirts, Jeans, Girls Dresses, Jeans, Tops, Uggs, Backpacks.
3. Buy It When You See It! Free shipping and Free returns make this a now brainer. Things really do sell out. I do my best to let you know when things are restocked but A LOT of things are NOT RESTOCKED. When they’re gone, they’re gone.
Items that sold out quickly last year:
Tall Boots and Booties Trend Denim
Puffer Coats Leather Jackets
Nude Shoes Designer Handbags
4. Check Here For New Items: New items are added everyday so be sure to check my Nordstrom Sale tab at the top of the menu bar for the latest and greatest from the sale.
5. Buy Online, Store Pick Up: My favorite way to shop Nordstrom is to choose the “Buy Online, Store Pick Up” option. What’s better than getting your sale items the same day AND avoiding the crush at the store. Nordstrom emails me when my order is ready. Then I just go to the first counter I see, request my items and walk out happy! NOTE: Some stores, including Dallas NorthPark have Curbside Pick Up! Yahoo! (Items not available in your store still have free shipping and free returns during the sale so no worries here, I just like the instant gratification when I can get it!)