Do you shy away from a certain color? I do. That color is red. I don’t know why but since high school, red has been a color I “don’t wear.” In the past few years, I’ve branched out and worn a red dress to a cocktail party and a black tie event. Each time, I’ve gotten more compliments than ever before. Is it because it’s a color I never wear? I don’t think so.
Last week when I posted my Gift Guides, I wore one of those red dresses and again the response was amazing! Thank you to all of you who sent me emails, commented on Instagram and texted me. It really made my day! That photo was even featured on an industry website in a feature about The Lush List…more on that soon!
I’ll be wearing more red in the future. I think you should have at least one Red Dress, too. Here’s why:
- Red is a power color. It exudes confidence…even when you don’t feel that confident.
- Red in the right shade for you makes your skin glow.
- Red is the color of luck in some cultures.
- Red is romantic.
- Red is equally appropriate for day or night.
- Red is classic and never goes out of style.
- Red is festive, perfect for the holidays and other celebrations.
- Hope you have a great weekend…a wear a little red!
In light of those 8 reasons, I’ve gathered some gorgeous red dresses for you.
Be sure to follow The Lush List on Instagram because I’ll be showing you a fabulous event on Saturday night! Also, like the Facebook page for inside info and behind the scenes you can’t see here and register for my newsletter so you don’t miss any of my tips, tricks, recipes or updated Gift Guides.
Photos by Mary Summers-Hafner