A family favorite I love to serve from my Juliska Pewter Soup Tureen, is Sweet and Salty Butternut Squash Soup. It is creamy and slightly sweet with a hint of spice from the ginger. Plus the color is just beautiful.
- 4 large butternut squash, halved, seeded and brushed with olive oil
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth (Two 32 oz boxes)
- ⅓ to ½ cup honey
- 1 ½ tbs minced fresh ginger
- Roasted Pepitas or Pumpkin Seeds for garnish.
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Place prepared Butternut Squash on the baking sheet.
- Roast the squash for approximately 1 hour or until tender.
- Cool slightly and then scoop out the tender flesh into a large stock pot.
- Add other ingredients and stir.
- Using a submersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Heat on Medium until warm.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread.
If you are serving in a soup tureen, fill the tureen with hot water and let sit for 10 minutes pouring out the water before filling with the soup. This will allow the tureen to absorb the heat from the water instead of the soup and thus keeping it warm for much longer. If it takes your family as long as it does mine to finally get to the table, this is a very good thing! This is also idea for a buffet as well.
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway for a beautiful Juliska Pewter Soup Tureen just like mine. Click here for the original post with entry information.
SHOP THE POST
Photography by Mary Summers-Hafner