My husband is the Frozen Margarita maker in our marriage. He’s pretty passionate about it and has perfected several recipes over the years. While I’m an “on the rocks with salt” gal, he is a frozen purist. His is the only Frozen Margarita I’ll drink and I think this recipe is his best.
With 100 degree temps, this is a great treat. We made a pitcher last night and probably will have them on hand all weekend. After all, it is our last weekend of summer.
Here’s his time tested answer to “What is the Best Frozen Margarita Recipe?”
- 3 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 4 oz good Tequila
- 3 oz Grand Marnier
- Splash of Negra Modelo
- 1-2 oz agave nectar to taste
- Fill blender with ice.
- Crush ice in for 1 minute then turn to slow blend for 1-2 minutes to make smooth and creamy.
- Cover the bottom of your glass with sangria.
- Pour in frozen concoction.
- Squeeze a lime slice.
Make it extra special with my Sangria Recipe leaving out the strawberry puree and add a little salt to the rim!
Don’t forget check out my great tips for Back to School I shared this week:
Back to School….with Food Allergies