Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits and in the summer they are at their natural peak. Full of sweetness and bursting with color. When thinking of summer recipes to share, I knew I wanted to use these red gems.
You know I love spice so creating a salsa seemed only natural! Adding the creaminess of avocado and a hint of serrano heat, it’s the perfect combination. I hope you enjoy my Strawberry Avocado Salsa!
- 1 qt cups chopped strawberries
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ c finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients and chill for 1 hour.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
SHOP THE POST
Note: My other favorite summer fruit is Watermelon. Get my favorite Watermelon recipe here.
PS – Sorry to be a bit short today but if you’ve been following on Instagram (be sure to watch Instagram Stories – the little circles at the top for behind the scenes) or Facebook (hit the Like Button to be sure you see my posts!), you know I’m traveling with my oldest daughter. We’ve had crazy time getting to Scotland but are embarking on our first day in Edinburgh finally and so excited!
Photos by Beckley & Co.