Now that I’ve shared my Wanderlust Weekend: Cabo San Lucas, I can share my favorite find from that trip: a Coconut Margarita! Being that yesterday was National Margarita Day, I gave my Instagram followers a link to this recipe yesterday so be sure to follow me there, too. You never know what “extra” something I’ll tell you about!
My passion for a good margarita is well known and you can find all the recipes here. I’d never had a Coconut Margarita before but loved the one my friend Susan ordered at Palmilla. Wow! What a cool, creamy drink. I added the toasted coconut to my recipe because I love that extra flavor. She and I tested recipes as soon as we got home. This is our favorite version and a great way to remember our fun Cabo trip.
What is your favorite kind of margarita? I’ll always be partial to my Serrano Margarita but this Coconut Margarita may be my new favorite!
- 2 oz Coconut Cream (found in a can and blend before using)
- 2 oz Coconut Water
- ½ - 1 oz tequila (your preference for strength!)
- ½ oz agave nectar
- ½ oz Grand Marnier (optional)
- Lime slices for a squeeze on top and garnish
- Toasted Coconut for garnish
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add liquid ingredients.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into ice filled glass.
- Top with a squeeze of lime and Toasted Coconut.
SHOP THE POST
Photos by Mary Summers-Hafner